To register for upcoming workshops, log in to your MindBody account and click the Enrollments tab – scroll down to the bottom to find the workshops.
Are you looking for information on a private group workshop for your business or group of friends? More information can be found here.
Workshops with Connie
Saturday, April 15
3:00pm – 5:00pm: Straps: Flares & Spins
- comfortable hanging on straps in wrist wraps or loops with straight arms
- confident inverting with straight legs
- some spin tolerance is a bonus but I’ll bring some ginger candies!
- an open mind and curiosity for spinning guided research
This workshop is designed for those that love to spin and those that hope to love to spin one day! I will start with a tiny bit of lecture/discussion on spinning techniques before we move into a guided warm up taking us from ground to air. We will look at different ways to start a spin, how to control and center your spin, and finally flare technique to inversions! We will also be experimenting with some anti-techniques as I like to call them for some exploration and potential silliness!
5:15pm – 7:15pm: Movement Prompts
- comfort in the air on your chosen apparatus
- come ready to play, watch, support, and create!
The art of play to create, it takes practice and sometimes some guidance! This is not a skillshop, by any means. We will not be working on tricks or anything so structured but rather work through a series of movement prompts to explore our relationship with our apparatus of choice. These prompts are handpicked for y’all from a library I like to use in classes and have published on my patreon. This workshop will start with a grounded, gentle warm up to get our bodies and brains ready to play and explore. I will have silks, sling, trapeze, and lyra rigged for different activities. You don’t need a huge aerial vocabulary to participate, just comfort in the air and a supportive attitude!
Bungee Fit Teacher Training
Friday, July 7 – Sunday, July 9, 2023
For those who want to share one of the most fun low impact, high intensity, bounciest workouts with their students, look no further! Canopy is excited to host Sky Candy instructors as they train you to become a Bungee Fit instructor.
Sky Candy’s three-day Bungee Fit Teacher Training will give you the skills and knowledge to develop your own bungee classes at your dance, fitness, or aerial studio!
Come prepared to sweat, have fun, and learn new skills to grow your business! Once you’ve completed this program, you will have the knowledge and tools you need to start your own basic Bungee Fit classes and to develop other Bungee programs that work for your studio’s needs.
The program includes:
- Bungee skills and movement vocabulary to create your own personalized classes, including adaptive modifications
- Lesson planning ideas for students of all levels from new to experienced
- Class structure and sequencing format and ideas to develop your own curriculum
- Equipment, rigging, and safety knowledge, including manufacturer recommendations and injury prevention practices
- Discussion on how to promote inclusivity and diversity in your classes
- Practice teaching with fellow teacher training participants
- Opportunity to take one of our Bungee Fit classes to experience how we structure our bungee classes
- Access to the Bungee Fit Teacher Training photo and video library / glossary
- Ongoing networking opportunities with fellow Teacher Training attendees
- Friday – 6pm – 10pm (Bungee Fit Class + Welcome Meet & Greet)
- Saturday – 12pm – 8pm (Teacher Training Day 1)
- Sunday – 10am – 4pm (Teacher Training Day 2)